Sheep are one of the oldest animals to be domesticated by humans. There are currently over 1 billion sheep in the world today, the young of which are called lambs. Sheep are used for many agricultural purposes, but one of the primary uses is for their wool, which is used to make fabric for clothing and more.
Lambs are young sheep. A sheep is considered a “lamb” if it is younger than one year old. Unlike humans who can take up to a year to start walking, lambs can stand about an hour after being born. Soon after, they begin to nurse from their mother, forming a strong bond.
- Scientific Name: Ovis aries
- Characteristics: This happy-go-lucky lamb is ready to trot right into your heart. Sculpted in mid-romp, this hand-painted figurine is full of detail.
- Size and Colour: Our lamb figure is 2 ¼ inches long and 1 ¾ inches high, or about the size of a saltine cracker. Its fur is white with a slight wash to bring out the detail, and its hooves are dark gray. Its eyes are yellow, and its nose and tongue are pink.
- The Lamb is part of the Safari Farm collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Size in cm: 5.7 L x 2.4 W x 4.2 H