Although leopards are classified as a vulnerable species by the IUCN, they thankfully enjoy the ability to adapt to many different regions and habitats. While they are suffering from habitat loss and fragmentation, they are able to somewhat adjust and live in other areas. Still, they are the subject of illegal poaching and as a result their population numbers are declining.
One of the five primary “big cats,” the leopard is a member of the genus Panthera and is found throughout sub-Saharan Africa as well as parts of Asia. There are nine known subspecies of leopard found throughout the world, although the African leopard is by far the most widespread.
- Scientific Name: Panthera pardus
- Characteristics: Hunched over and poised to strike, this leopard has its prey right where it wants it! Like all of our wildlife figurines, this leopard model has been hand painted and immaculately crafted for top of the line realism and accuracy.
- Size and Colour: In general, leopards have tawny or reddish-orange coats with dark black rosettes. 5 inches long and 2 inches tall, our leopard model is the size of a soda can resting on its side.
- The Leopard is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Size in cm: 12.2 L x 6.8 W x 4.90 H