Unlike many animals endemic to niche areas of Africa, plains zebras are not considered a vulnerable or endangered species. However, the are some sub-species, such as the mountain zebra and Grevy's zebra, that live in other areas and are struggling with dwindling population numbers. Efforts have been made to domesticate zebras given their close relation to horses. However, due to their unpredictable nature and strong will, most efforts were unsuccessful.
Iconic for their stylish set of stripes, zebras are a member of the horse family native to many regions of Africa. Although it was previously thought that zebras were white with black stripes, recent study of their embryos revealed they are actually black with white stripes!
- Scientific Name: Equus quagga
- Characteristics: Although it's hard to tell at a glance, every zebra's stripes are unique to that individual, making this figurine a one of a kind recreation! Not only does this hand-painted model depict the zebra’s famous coloration, but also its thick mane, hooves, and bushy horse-like tail.
- Size and Colour: Measuring 10 inches long, 2.75 inches wide and 5.85 inches tall, this figurine is about as long as the length of a legal-sized piece of paper, a bit wider than a deck of playing cards, and almost an inch taller than a soda can. While these beautiful black and white animals are used to galloping across the African plains, we're sure this fellow would welcome a rest on your desk, nightstand, or any other area of display.
- The Zebra is part of the Wildlife Wonders™ collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Size in cm: 25.5 L x 7 W x 15 H